Hi! I’m Blair Gilbert, a.k.a.
As a third-generation hardware store owner, licensed builder, and finish carpenter, my mission is to help you “do it right the first time!” On this site, I share expert home and yard DIY advice in over 250 articles and videos. Feel free to dive in!
- Restore Wood, Furniture Finish – Don’t Strip – Quick And Looks Good (4/19/2021)
Restore wood and old furniture, but don’t strip it, because of the time and mess.
Howard’s has a unique formula to help restore wood finishes by softening marks and blending out minor scratches, blemishes and abrasions. It makes a huge difference and is quick.
Howard’s Restor-A-Finish contains our restoring oils, solvent and a small amount of stain, and gives a clean finish without removing any of the existing finish.
It penetrates deeper than thin “scratch cover” products, and restores the depth of the grain.
Before you go to the extreme of stripping it, just try to simply restore it. Sometimes stripping the finish may strip the piece of its value.
Howard’s comes in nine colors to match most woods – Neutral, Maple-Pine, Golden Oak, Cherry, Walnut, Mahogany, Dark Walnut, Dark Oak, and Dark Brown.
With a simple wipe-on, wipe-off process, most finished wood surfaces that seem to need a complete refinishing job can be restored in a few minutes.
It can remove white heat rings, water marks, sun fade, oxidation, smoke damage.
Restor-A-Finish restores the finish without removing any of the existing finish
More New Articles
- Old Bricks, Pavers, Patio Stone and Blocks to Decorate, Accent, Hide (4/5/2021) - Old bricks, pavers, stone and blocks to accent the yard, decorate the patio or hide the problems. A landscape design is accentuated by decorating your garden and space. They are not only serving… ...read more
- 3 Best Useful Power Tools – Versatile, Affordable for New Home (3/22/2021) - These 3 versatile power tools are the best for a new homeowner because they are also affordable and useful for many jobs. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ay1h_fcQuQ 1) A Drill This drill is the most used power… ...read more
- Reach Tight Places with Steel Wool on Bit, Drill to Clean, Polish, Remove (3/8/2021) - Make your own steel wool wire wheel tool bit to clean, polish or remove stuff from metal, wood or other materials by using a drill bit to reach in tight spots. You can’t… ...read more
- Blade Choice for Jig Saw is Most Important – Teeth Per Inch, Material Cut (2/22/2021) - Jigsaw blades come in two main types: U-shanks or T-shanks called SDS. The T-shape jigsaw blade doesn’t need a tool to fasten it to the jigsaw. The U-shaped blade is used in older… ...read more
- Plexiglass Cut Cleanly – Use Draw Knife aka Hook Knife, Plexiglass Cutter, Draw Scribe (2/8/2021) - Plexiglass is best cut with a draw knife, also called a hook or scribe knife, or plexiglass cutter. This hook knife will score the plexiglass, and remove a wide, shallow line after each… ...read more