Hi! I’m Blair Gilbert, a.k.a.
As a third-generation hardware store owner, licensed builder, and finish carpenter, my mission is to help you “do it right the first time!” On this site, I share expert home and yard DIY advice in over 250 articles and videos. Feel free to dive in!
- Rivet Removed, Replaced to Save Your Garden Tools (9/25/2023)
To fix or replace a broken on a garden tool, slowly drill the head of the revet to remove it fast.
Use a drill bit slightly larger than the rivet shaft.
Place the drill bit over the center of the rivet head and apply pressure.
Once the rivet head is drilled through, the rivet shaft should pop off.
Tap out the rivet shaft and the broken handle. If the rivet is stuck, you can try using a penetrating oil to loosen it up.
Insert the new handle into the hole and secure it with a new rivet.
Use a rivet that is the same size as the original rivet.
Make sure that the rivet head is seated flush against the surface of the material.
More New Articles
- The Best Time and Method to create a Perfect Lawn (9/4/2023) - Prepare in the fall for the perfect lawn in the spring by overseeding with a mixture of seed and Milorganite® for food. https://youtu.be/eJGlhsvCx_8 Fall is the best time to seed cool-season grasses in… ...read more
- Sledge Hammer Wooden Handle Replacement in 5 Minutes – Use 2 Wedges (8/14/2023) - To replace a sledge hammer handle in 5 minutes is the same for any wooden handled tool like ax or pick. https://youtu.be/1XtiE7cnwBE The trick to sledge hammer wooden handle replacement is to drill… ...read more
- Garage Door Hinge and Roller Wheel Repair – Easy, $20 Replace (7/24/2023) - In less than 10 minutes, you can fix a bent or broken garage door hinge or wheel for under $20. The trick is to determine which hinge you need first because as you’re… ...read more
- Move Lawn Sprinkler Head Easily Using Funny Pipe, or Flex, Swing Pipe (7/3/2023) - Funny pipe, also known as flexible pipe or poly pipe, is a type of irrigation tubing that is used to connect sprinkler heads to the main irrigation line. It is flexible and easy… ...read more
- Easy Lawn Repair of Trench, Hide Damage in 1 Week from Sprinkler or Electrical (6/12/2023) - Here's a useful way to easily repair the damage from digging a trench in your lawn because sometimes you need to bury pipe, lines or wires that tears up your grass. https://youtu.be/gIr_cw4mMI0 Nothing… ...read more