Hi! I’m Blair Gilbert, a.k.a.
As a third-generation hardware store owner, licensed builder, and finish carpenter, my mission is to help you “do it right the first time!” On this site, I share expert home and yard DIY advice in over 250 articles and videos. Feel free to dive in!
- Sharpen Electric 2-Sided Hedge Clippers & Hand Grinder, Blade in 10 Minutes (1/16/2023)
Sharpen your 2-sided electric hedge clippers in 10 minutes. Use only a hand, angle grinder with a 1/4 inch disc blade for sharpening the dual-sided hedge clippers.
You need to be capable with the hand grinder to sharpen because this requires a light touch.
More New Articles
- Smoke Fire Alarm WARNING of 10-Year Life, Replace For Cheap Safety (12/26/2022) - Smoke Fire Alarm is easy enough to forget to change batteries, even harder to remember to change out the entire Smoke Fire Alarm device after they become over 10-years old! https://youtu.be/fiteDWc7rdY A Smoke… ...read more
- Quick Fix to Slow Filling Toilet – Replace, Clean the Gasket Fill Valve (12/12/2022) - The Fluidmaster Fill valve (Ballcock) can suddenly quit filling or start filling very slowly. It happens to be very sensitive to crud in the water supply and it is easily repaired. https://youtu.be/WSMke-jbM-0 To… ...read more
- Caulk Repair – Only Remove the Bad, Not For Caulking the Good (11/28/2022) - Caulk repair requires bad caulk be removed, but you don't need to replace good caulk. If it is solid, just touch it up. The job is to seal the area. not do more… ...read more
- American Standard Toilet Flush Handle Lever Arms – 4 Different Models (11/14/2022) - American Standard Toilet Flush handles come in several configurations, angles that the shaft is manufactured in varies from model to model. https://youtu.be/u4PgtBq2PUQ This video should give you a better chance on purchasing the… ...read more
- Mansfield Toilet Lever Arms – Come in 3 Lengths and Angles (10/31/2022) - Mansfield toilets with a plunger style flush valve requires a Longer than normal Flush Handle. The original flush handle is plastic so if it doesn't rest in the center of the hoop on… ...read more