Hi! I’m Blair Gilbert, a.k.a.
As a third-generation hardware store owner, licensed builder, and finish carpenter, my mission is to help you “do it right the first time!” On this site, I share expert home and yard DIY advice in over 250 articles and videos. Feel free to dive in!
- Flagpole Spinner Prevents Furling, Stops Tangle In Wind, Wrapping (5/18/2020)
A flagpole spinner avoids furling, that is prevents the flag from tangling or wrapping. The banner flying in the wind is glorious to see, but is difficult on a windy day. The flag can become stuck around or over top of the flagpole.
Furling options to prevent this include using some type of spinning unit, a rotating pole or collar device for the flagpole.
Furling kits are available as kits with ball-bearings for a section to move. And top half spin poles with the bottom half stationary.
Or a larger pole may slide over an inner pole, like a sleeve, that rotates in the wind to prevent a tangle.
Using collars above and below on the flagpole attached by rings allows the flag to move around the pole that remains stationary.
More New Articles
- Remove Hose Vacuum Breaker with Set Screw for Bib Check Valve Code (5/4/2020) - A hose vacuum breaker, called a back flow preventer or anti-siphone, is a device to prevent your water from getting contaminated from the other side of the hose. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n--jQaAAf8E&feature=youtu.be A hose vacuum breaker… ...read more
- Replace Water Filter Cartridge, Remove Chlorine Taste with Carbon Filter (4/20/2020) - Replacing the carbon water filter cartridge under the sink takes 30 seconds. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcpIEmmJx3s Follow the steps for replacing a water filter cartridges. 1. Close the water shut-off valve for the sink and refrigerator… ...read more
- Tips to Paint Doors Faster, Better, Easier – Remove Hardware, Weatherstripping (3/23/2020) - paint doors faster and better with easy removal of hardware and weather stripping. Speed up and improve painting the door by removing obstacles. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1qzhOQA5FU Painting doors quicker and easier happens when there is… ...read more
- Make Home-Made Oil Based Primer for Wood Penetration, Sealing, Protection (3/9/2020) - Make oil based primer to penetrate, protect and seal wood. And get rid of old paint. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGHx7cj5Icw Making your own primer will save money and time, as well as improved penetration, sealing and… ...read more
- Glazing Windows – Advice, Tips, Tricks, Linseed Oil (2/24/2020) - Glazing a window of one pane of glass will take 15 minutes to an hour, depending on the size of the pane and the stubbornness of the old putty. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEuSGOUH6rE 1. Glazing a… ...read more