Hi! I’m Blair Gilbert, a.k.a.
As a third-generation hardware store owner, licensed builder, and finish carpenter, my mission is to help you “do it right the first time!” On this site, I share expert home and yard DIY advice in over 250 articles and videos. Feel free to dive in!
- PVC Bending No Kink – Piping Bending Using Heat Gun (8/8/2022)
Bend PVC in your garage for home projects.
Get a good heat gun – one that melts paint. People use heat guns, gas torches or stoves.
The secret to bending PVC without kinking is to not allow the kink to rise.
I use a secured board on top of the expected bending point to prevent any rise.
I have seen some advice of using tape over the bend point and filling the pipe with sand up to the bend point, but that sounds like too much work.
Actually, the easiest way is to buy pre-bent PVC pipe in 90s, 45s and 30s.
More New Articles
- Build a Dog Boat Ramp for Easy On and Off (7/25/2022) - The trick is to build a light, strong PVC frame. See Kink-Free PVC heat bending here https://youtu.be/-JF1uGMGxQQ The rest of the DIY materials are up to you. https://youtu.be/Br3TqYzmWTc This fits on my boat,… ...read more
- Underground Downspout Strainer That Really Works (7/11/2022) - This video highlights the efficiency of our underground downspout gutter strainer filter. For the houses that have quality gutter guards on the roof, this should not be a problem. But for those without… ...read more
- Weed Solutions – Clover, Crab Grass, Chickweed, Creeping Charlie (6/27/2022) - These weed killers work, because regular weed killers don't.These are some of the most difficult weeds to control in a lawn. Oxalis is a yellow flower weed. Clover, as in 'four leaf,' is… ...read more
- Remove Sprinkler Pipe Connector with Heat & on Garden Hose Fitting Install (6/13/2022) - Garden Hose Repair - Installing a fitting on a garden hose can be quite a hassle because the barb seems to be one size too large for the hose. Sometimes it is the… ...read more
- Replace Pull Chain Light with 2 Sets of White, Black Wires $4 (6/6/2022) - Typically found in a basement, pull chain fixtures are used all over older homes. They are prone to failure from excess pulling, (got kids in the house?) However, they wear out just like… ...read more