Hi! I’m Blair Gilbert, a.k.a.
As a third-generation hardware store owner, licensed builder, and finish carpenter, my mission is to help you “do it right the first time!” On this site, I share expert home and yard DIY advice in over 250 articles and videos. Feel free to dive in!
- Move Lawn Sprinkler Head Easily Using Funny Pipe, or Flex, Swing Pipe (7/3/2023)
Funny pipe, also known as flexible pipe or poly pipe, is a type of irrigation tubing that is used to connect sprinkler heads to the main irrigation line. It is flexible and easy to work with, making it a good choice for moving sprinkler heads.
Moving a lawn sprinkler head with funny pipe is a relatively easy task that can be done by anyone with basic DIY skills. By following these instructions, you can easily move your sprinkler heads to new locations without having to dig up your yard.
When you are extending the funny pipe, make sure that you do not kink it to restrict water flow and cause leaks.
After you attached the funny pipe, test the sprinkler head to make sure it is working properly. If the sprinkler head is not working properly, you may need to adjust the funny pipe or the sprinkler head.
More New Articles
- Easy Lawn Repair of Trench, Hide Damage in 1 Week from Sprinkler or Electrical (6/12/2023) - Here's a useful way to easily repair the damage from digging a trench in your lawn because sometimes you need to bury pipe, lines or wires that tears up your grass. Save your… ...read more
- Replace Universal Rundle Toilet Flush Valve Gasket, Strap For Sears (5/22/2023) - Universal Rundle was acquired by Crane Fixtures in the 1980s and Crane Fixtures was merged into American Standard in 2008. https://youtu.be/w3sD2Wy0F6g Mr. Hardware.com http://mrhardware.com ...read more
- GFCI Common Fail – Connect to Line or Load? (5/1/2023) - Most GFCI (GFI) receptacles have 8 holes, or locations, to install wires to on a device. Confusing to an amateur installing or changing one out. A common mistake is wiring the power line… ...read more
- GFCI Installed Outside on Exterior Surface Using a Mounted Box (4/10/2023) - Here are the steps on how to install an exterior GFCI. You will need a GFCI outlet, a weatherproof electrical box, romex cable, wire strippers, a screwdriver, a hammer, and a saw. https://youtu.be/bgYrF-M1vAE… ...read more
- Waterproof Your Basement or Crawlspace in a Day to Drain and Dry Out (3/20/2023) - The most common cause of wet basements and crawl spaces is improper grade of landscaping and low dirt around the house. https://youtu.be/aqebOrzY9Vc If the soil or the driveway pitch towards the house, it… ...read more