Hi! I’m Blair Gilbert, a.k.a.
As a third-generation hardware store owner, licensed builder, and finish carpenter, my mission is to help you “do it right the first time!” On this site, I share expert home and yard DIY advice in over 250 articles and videos. Feel free to dive in!
- Drain Low Yard To Pipe Collector Sump Pump (2/27/2023)
When a yard has water pooling in low areas, it can be drained to your sump pump with a collector pipe.
Materials needed are perforated PVC pipe and connections, stone and landscape cloth. It requires some shallow digging to bury the collector pipe.
And remember to save the dirt!
More New Articles
- Speed Wiring and Quick Connects Failure in Electrical Receptacle (2/6/2023) - Speed Wiring and Quick Connects are not secure in the electric receptacles can disconnect and will eventually fail. To ensure connections, tighten wires using the screws. https://youtu.be/Y_r4Kc_19BQ This issue of speed wiring is… ...read more
- Sharpen Electric 2-Sided Hedge Clippers & Hand Grinder, Blade in 10 Minutes (1/16/2023) - Sharpen your 2-sided electric hedge clippers in 10 minutes. Use only a hand, angle grinder with a 1/4 inch disc blade for sharpening the dual-sided hedge clippers. https://youtu.be/q2CnmILS3wE You need to be capable… ...read more
- Smoke Fire Alarm WARNING of 10-Year Life, Replace For Cheap Safety (12/26/2022) - Smoke Fire Alarm is easy enough to forget to change batteries, even harder to remember to change out the entire Smoke Fire Alarm device after they become over 10-years old! https://youtu.be/fiteDWc7rdY A Smoke… ...read more
- Quick Fix to Slow Filling Toilet – Replace, Clean the Gasket Fill Valve (12/12/2022) - The Fluidmaster Fill valve (Ballcock) can suddenly quit filling or start filling very slowly. It happens to be very sensitive to crud in the water supply and it is easily repaired. https://youtu.be/WSMke-jbM-0 To… ...read more
- Caulk Repair – Only Remove the Bad, Not For Caulking the Good (11/28/2022) - Caulk repair requires bad caulk be removed, but you don't need to replace good caulk. If it is solid, just touch it up. The job is to seal the area. not do more… ...read more