Hi! I’m Blair Gilbert, a.k.a.
As a third-generation hardware store owner, licensed builder, and finish carpenter, my mission is to help you “do it right the first time!” On this site, I share expert home and yard DIY advice in over 250 articles and videos. Feel free to dive in!
- Backup sump pump separate discharge alerts to failure of main pump (4/23/2018)
Backup sump pumps save you from flooding basement, but you need to be notified the primary pump has failed.
Your battery-driven backup pumps will have low charges and stop pumping, and the battery alarms also may be drained.
If the secondary discharge was onto the patio or driveway, you or your neighbors would see it.
It’s simple, and doesn’t require always checking and buying batteries.
More New Articles
- Slow drain clog cleared, Insta-Flo Crystals – Not garbage disposals (3/26/2018) - Slow drains can clear with strong clog removers like Insta-Flo with hot water to be applied at night so it can work on the clog undisturbed for at least 4-hours. It can damage ...read more
- Sump pump Quiet Check Valve by Zoeller has no water hammer noise (3/12/2018) - Sump pump check valves stop the back-flow of water, but the BANG of the water hammer sound when these valves shut is loud. The noise they make when they slam close can be ...read more
- Lamp repair, fix socket, replace cord, overheating damages wiring (2/27/2018) - Fixing a lamp, repairing the socket or replacing the cord is easy, but electricity can be is dangerous. Replace a lamp socket: 1. Unplug lamp, remove harp. 2. Remove the socket shell by ...read more
- Keep out cold, wind, dirt with V-Flex, V-Seal weather stripping and door sweeps (2/12/2018) - V-Seal weather strips are hinged into a v-shape that seals when compressed to block gaps between the frame of the door or window. This stops infiltration into your home. It has adhesive on ...read more
- Your 2-stroke cycle engines run best if you do this for the fuel (1/29/2018) - Two-stroke engines require one of two types of fuel. Either a gas/oil mixture of 40:1 or 50:1 Always check your owner's manual for your specific model before creating your concoction. Use a separate, ...read more