Hi! I’m Blair Gilbert, a.k.a.
As a third-generation hardware store owner, licensed builder, and finish carpenter, my mission is to help you “do it right the first time!” On this site, I share expert home and yard DIY advice in over 250 articles and videos. Feel free to dive in!
- Replace Mansfield toilet flush valve gasket seal and flush handle (10/8/2018)
The Mansfield flush valve gasket seal is replaced by:
- Turn off the water supply and flush the toilet.
- Unscrew the top cap and remove from guide.
- Reach into the tank and remove old gasket.
- Replace new gasket IN THE GROOVE.
- Drop the canister back on the guide post and screw on the cap.
6. Insert the flush handle, restore the water and test.
More New Articles
- Installing drip irrigation – saves time, money – improves your plants (9/27/2018) - Drip irrigation delivers correct water right to each of your plants with a series of carefully placed emitters. And it can be a permanent watering system. The drip irrigation parts are inexpensive. They ...read more
- Cut down a door that is rubbing on the floor or carpet (9/10/2018) - Sometimes your door must be cut down to open properly. New carpeting or flooring, putting in a threshold or buying a new door will sometimes cause rubbing or binding. You’re going to have ...read more
- Fix Kohler toilet canister flush valve gasket seal (8/27/2018) - The Kohler canister-type flush valve gasket seal is replaced like this: Flush the toilet and turn off the water supply. Push down and turn the guide post at the center of the ...read more
- Tip to replace light socket, secret screw hidden under the bulb (8/13/2018) - Replacing a light socket is easy if you can locate the screw that secures the socket to the light housing. Older exterior, flood or security light sockets have a screw under the bulb ...read more
- Tips – how to sharpen lawn tools on bench grinder (7/30/2018) - Always look at the edge and follow the original bevel. A grinding wheel can remove larger amounts of material than filing like nicks, or you have to restore a particularly worn blade. Be ...read more