Hi! I’m Blair Gilbert, a.k.a.
As a third-generation hardware store owner, licensed builder, and finish carpenter, my mission is to help you “do it right the first time!” On this site, I share expert home and yard DIY advice in over 250 articles and videos. Feel free to dive in!
- Replace Universal Rundle Toilet Flush Valve Gasket, Strap For Sears (5/22/2023)
Universal Rundle was acquired by Crane Fixtures in the 1980s and Crane Fixtures was merged into American Standard in 2008.
- Mr. Hardware.com http://mrhardware.com
More New Articles
- GFCI Common Fail – Connect to Line or Load? (5/1/2023) - Most GFCI (GFI) receptacles have 8 holes, or locations, to install wires to on a device. Confusing to an amateur installing or changing one out. A common mistake is wiring the power line… ...read more
- GFCI Installed Outside on Exterior Surface Using a Mounted Box (4/10/2023) - Here are the steps on how to install an exterior GFCI. You will need a GFCI outlet, a weatherproof electrical box, romex cable, wire strippers, a screwdriver, a hammer, and a saw. https://youtu.be/bgYrF-M1vAE… ...read more
- Waterproof Your Basement or Crawlspace in a Day to Drain and Dry Out (3/20/2023) - The most common cause of wet basements crawl spaces is improper grade of landscaping and low dirt around the house. https://youtu.be/aqebOrzY9Vc If the soil or the driveway pitch towards the house it allows… ...read more
- Drain Low Yard To Pipe Collector Sump Pump (2/27/2023) - When a yard has water pooling in low areas, it can be drained to your sump pump with a collector pipe. https://youtu.be/jxAsOF44g3M Materials needed are perforated PVC pipe and connections, stone and landscape… ...read more
- Speed Wiring and Quick Connects Failure in Electrical Receptacle (2/6/2023) - Speed Wiring and Quick Connects are not secure in the electric receptacles can disconnect and will eventually fail. To ensure connections, tighten wires using the screws. https://youtu.be/Y_r4Kc_19BQ This issue of speed wiring is… ...read more