Hi! I’m Blair Gilbert, a.k.a.
As a third-generation hardware store owner, licensed builder, and finish carpenter, my mission is to help you “do it right the first time!” On this site, I share expert home and yard DIY advice in over 250 articles and videos. Feel free to dive in!
More New Articles
- Build a Dog Boat Ramp for Easy On and Off (7/25/2022) - The trick is to build a light, strong PVC frame. See Kink-Free PVC heat bending here https://youtu.be/-JF1uGMGxQQ The rest of the DIY materials are up to you. https://youtu.be/Br3TqYzmWTc This fits on my boat,… ...read more
- Underground Downspout Strainer That Really Works (7/11/2022) - This video highlights the efficiency of our underground downspout gutter strainer filter. For the houses that have quality gutter guards on the roof, this should not be a problem. But for those without… ...read more
- Weed Solutions – Clover, Crab Grass, Chickweed, Creeping Charlie (6/27/2022) - These weed killers work, because regular weed killers don't.These are some of the most difficult weeds to control in a lawn. Oxalis is a yellow flower weed. Clover, as in 'four leaf,' is… ...read more
- Remove Sprinkler Pipe Connector with Heat & on Garden Hose Fitting Install (6/13/2022) - Garden Hose Repair - Installing a fitting on a garden hose can be quite a hassle because the barb seems to be one size too large for the hose. Sometimes it is the… ...read more
- Replace Pull Chain Light with 2 Sets of White, Black Wires $4 (6/6/2022) - Typically found in a basement, pull chain fixtures are used all over older homes. They are prone to failure from excess pulling, (got kids in the house?) However, they wear out just like… ...read more