Mystery toilet filling sounds are fixed by changing the flapper to stop a running, leaking American Standard toilet. Korky makes a replacement for the American Standard Cadet flapper of 2 and 3 inches.
- 1. Shut off the water.
- 2. Drain the tank – hold down the handle or lift flapper chain in the tank.
- 3. Unhook the chain from the trip lever.
- 4. Remove the flapper by twisting off the flapper arms from the retaining hooks.
- 5. Lift out the flapper, and remove the chain.
- 6. Insert new flapper, and attach chain.
- 7. Attach chain to the trip lever.
- 8. Turn on the water.
There, you just saved yourself $100 for a plumber.
1 thought on “Change American Standard Flapper – Fix Running, Leaking Toilet”
Found a video for changing worn out canister gasket on Kholer tank. I have always done handy work, but I had never seen one of these before, and in these times, I am likely to make a small task into a catastrophe. I did a search, found your video for this exact tank, got the exact right part, and fixed it without breaking anything. It may seem a small thing, but I am truly grateful for the help, and for the way a simple gift of your time can make such a difference to a man a long way from home. —Scott. Portland, OR
Comments are closed.