Mystery toilet filling sounds are fixed by changing the flapper to stop a running, leaking American Standard toilet. Korky makes a replacement for the American Standard Cadet flapper of 2 and 3 inches.
- 1. Shut off the water.
- 2. Drain the tank – hold down the handle or lift flapper chain in the tank.
- 3. Unhook the chain from the trip lever.
- 4. Remove the flapper by twisting off the flapper arms from the retaining hooks.
- 5. Lift out the flapper, and remove the chain.
- 6. Insert new flapper, and attach chain.
- 7. Attach chain to the trip lever.
- 8. Turn on the water.
There, you just saved yourself $100 for a plumber.