Replacing the carbon water filter cartridge under the sink takes 30 seconds.
Follow the steps for replacing a water filter cartridges.
1. Close the water shut-off valve for the sink and refrigerator ice cube system.
2. Open the sink faucet to relieve any pressure to the system.
3. Loosen and remove filter housing with a plastic housing wrench or by hand.
4. Empty the housing of water and remove the old filter.
5. Check the O-rings on the housing. Remove and clean the O-rings and settings. Change damaged, worn rings.
6. Clean the filter housings and all parts with soap and water. 7. Soak all parts to sanitizing in 1 gallon water with 2 or 3 tablespoons of bleach to the water. Rinse and dry.
8. Drop in the new filter into the housing, replace o-rings, reconnect and tighten.
9. Open the shut-off valve and run water through the cartridge for a couple of minutes.
10. Black water will come out of the tap as loose carbon filter dust is washed out, and activates the filter.
11. Shut off the faucet and check for leaks.