V-Seal weather strips are hinged into a v-shape that seals when compressed to block gaps between the frame of the door or window.
This stops infiltration into your home. It has adhesive on one side to attach to the frame.
- Measure the length of your door frame on both sides and top. Cut the lengths with scissors.
- Strip off some paper backing and stick the v-tape at the upper door frame side with the V pointing outside. The tip of the V should be about 1/8 to ¼ inch from the outside edge of the door.
- Keep it straight or it will bow and seal poorly.
- Apply the V-seal strip down the entire length of the door frame.
- Repeat on the other side of the door frame.
- Repeat along the top of the door frame.
Door sweep installation may be seen here.